I’ve learned an inconceivable amount about food & fitness these past several years. I had gained lots of weight in a short amount of time and never knew what the cause was. For years I had worked my fingers to the bone to get rid of the weight. I starved myself and I worked out to the point I had injuries.  It was at least two years later I decided to just look into my supplements and my diet. And the second I took the stress off myself in fitness and focused more on food and a healthy mindset, I came to be the person I knew I could be. I work out two or three times a week and enjoy it so much more, knowing exercise will boost my efforts, not define them. Here is a list of things that will help you mentally except the challenges to overcoming the struggles with losing those pounds.

  1. Cleanses should not be considered a weight loss method but a good fiber supplement will increase the efforts.
  2. Fancy shakes are not a requirement to being healthy or losing weight but having a good dense nutrition in a shake form cuts back on calories while consuming a meal.
  3. You don’t have to eat less to lose weight. This never works.
  4. Cardio is not necessarily the answer. But will help with being healthy and keeps your body and heart strong.
  5. Try on some clothes, how do they fit? Good clothes will show your progress.
  6. Some of the best foods for weight loss are those with the highest calories.
  7. Breakfast is optional. Be mindful of when you are hungry instead of eating out of habit or on the clock. You don’t always have to eat on a schedule just eat when you are hungry. And if you are always hungry try to increase your proteins.
  8. Your greatest success in losing weight centers on reducing sugar and refined carbs.
  9. Fat doesn’t make you fat. Eating good fats will increase fat burning in your body.
  10. If it’s too good to be true, it is. Stop the cycle of purchasing weight loss promises. You have to eat right and keep moving to lose weight. There is NO magic pill or concoction that will make you lose weight.
  11. A combo of cardio and resistance training is the best way to boost your metabolism and burn fat. Muscle hates fat.
  12. It takes 23 days to break a habit and 23 days to make a habit. Give yourself that, create a calendar and mark off the days so you can see the progress.
  13. If you reduce sugar you will crave it less. There are a few natural supplement’s that can help you control your sugar.
  14. If it’s in the house you will eat it. SO at least for the first 23 days take it out. If your family needs it then get it after that period of time.
  15. Grains are not a necessary component to your diet. They do help but you don’t have to have them.
  16. You can still eat bacon.
  17. Eat your vegetables; if you do not like them you should consider to be creative and use seasonings or broths that will flavor them until you build a liking for them. Let them become your best friend.
  18. Dehydration can mask itself as hunger.
  19. Small plate = less eating. You think you have lots on your plate and every time you eat try to not eat all that is on your plate, you are an adult you do not have to clean your plate.
  20. Track your food and your calories.
  21. Juice is not healthy. Eat your fruit. Drink water. You get too many calories with juicing.

Eating should be something you need to survive not eats to enjoy. Sure it’s great to enjoy your food but you will see it on your belly and your hips if you are not careful.